Anodyne
Tuesday, March 30, 2004
 
Larry McMurtry quote, on the wall above my desk:

THE FACT THAT, for twenty-six or twenty-seven days each month, I lead an intense life as an antiquarian bookman -- on the sorting floor all day, unboxing, pricing, sorting, and responding to the public's endless curiosity about Lonesome Dove--in part explains the brevity and intensity of my drives. I don't want to be gone from the bookshop long, but three or four days on the road, just looking and moving, isn't long. Working with books always relaxes me, but the books bring people, and people are a mixed bag; there comes a point at which I want to be away, drive somewhere, see some sky--it's my safeguard against the burnout that a month in the bookshop can occasionally produce.






<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }