Anodyne
Thursday, April 08, 2004
 
My painter neighbor upstairs, Kevin House, dropped a copy of his new CD by. Kevin's self-described "sideshow banner art" doesn't do that much for me, so I was a little unsure of what the CD would sound like. Having had it on all day now, I think it's terrific, full of tasty, Nick Drake-ish acoustic guitar and warm, understated vocals. John & Chris also like it, probably the first time in the store's history that the three principals all agree on the same CD.

CD release party: Friday 15th April, @ the Anza, 8th and Ontario

Off to the Anza right now, to catch Brady Cranfield and his friends in The Secret 3, the only local band I've seen live more than once this decade. That's me lurking somewhere in the background of their amazing cover of Cortez the Killer at the Patricia Hotel, drinking Kilkenney, smiling, and nodding along.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }