Anodyne
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
 
Jeff Wall -- new (at least to me) short interview

"I can’t explain why I want to make this or that picture except to say that I never have an idea for a photograph. I have a subject, which derives from my experience, and some sense of a picture that might be made with that subject. I wouldn’t like to have an idea for a picture, or in relation to a picture. As for ideas, I might develop some in the process of analyzing the subject, or the mood or feeling suggested by the subject, and seeing if I sense that it can become a good picture. That’s a complicated process and I can’t explain it, but what’s important is that I have an intuition that what I consider a good picture might be possible starting from a certain subject."


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }