Anodyne
Saturday, November 13, 2004
 

Free tix from one of our regulars to last night's Death Cab for Cutie show at the Commodore. So I was a little surprised to arrive around 930 or so, only to hear the surge of applause for "Montreal's...Stars!" Could those be the same Stars whose debut disc I played to death in the shop last year, after hearing a track kindly supplied by Ron Terada? Yep! Great warm keyboard washes, tons of vocal interplay, little snippets of Brit electropop and 80s choruses in there, too, Johnny Marr smiling down from the wet November sky. Long generous set from Cutie, too, but the Stars were the night's highlight for me -- out into Granville Mall's neon and falling rain at 12:30, feeling much younger than I really am, now.

(And if you don't believe me, just Google "Elevator Love Letter"):

My office glows all night long.
It's a nuclear show and the stars are gone.
Elevator, elevator, take me home.Posted by Hello

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }