Anodyne
Friday, August 05, 2005
 

ACT (Aesthetically Claimed Thing): Polar Bear Baby, by Elizabeth Ortolan

"The painting I chose to copy onto my paper maché polar bear is called Gong 88 and was painted by Claude Tousignant. The painting is made up of several rings, one outside the other. These rings seem to resonate. The colours of the rings are both warm and cool. The painting reminds me of a large target. I chose to hide my polar bear in this insensitivity toward the environment and thus, the safety and survival of an entire species. The issue of humans pouring toxins into the environment, which affects all living things, resonates like Tousignant's rings of colours."

(Grade 9 class hybridizes semi-canonical Canadian paintings with paper maché animals) Posted by Picasa


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }