Anodyne
Sunday, October 30, 2005
 
ACT (Aesthetically Claimed Thing): Rubbery early 90s synth bass (viz. Londonbeat, I've Been Thinking About You)

"As I was driven past the impressive gates and white-brick walls of the university and down to the ground, I was welcomed by some early-'90s pop music blaring out of the speakers. 'Ice Ice Baby,' by Vanilla Ice, was first up, followed by that old classic - and personal favourite - 'I've Been Thinking About You,' by cheesy crooners London Beat. Perhaps they knew I was coming.

If the tunes were a bit behind the times, then so was the ground - but in a refreshing way. My first impression was of a less-loved version of the Getty ground at Wormsley, with its nearby slopes and open spaces. But instead of green fields, here it was football pitches, and a collection of unfeasibly skinny cows and goats."




<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }