Anodyne
Friday, June 30, 2006
 

Coffee Ginger ale and Diet Coke with Bernadette, first time in seven years.

"HANNA: So, you never wanted a regular type life?

MCCAULEY: What the fuck is that? Barbecues and ballgames?

HANNA: Yeah.

MCCAULEY: This 'regular type life,' is that your life?

HANNA: My life? No. My life...no, my life is a disaster zone. I got a stepdaughter so fucked up because her real father is this large-type asshole. I got a wife; we're passing each other on the down-slope of a marriage, my third, because I spend all my time chasing guys like you around the block. That's my life.

MCCAULEY: A guy told me one time -- don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out in on 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

Now if you're on me and you got to move when I move, how do you expect to keep a... a marriage?

HANNA: That's an interesting point. What are you -- a monk?

MCCAULEY: I have a woman.

HANNA: What do you tell her?

MCCAULEY: I tell her I'm a salesman.

HANNA: So, then, if you spot me comin' round that corner, you just gonna walk out on this woman? Without sayin' goodbye?

MCCAULEY: That's the discipline.

HANNA: That's pretty vacant.

MCCAULEY: Yeah. It is what it is. It's that or we both better go do somethin' else, pal.

HANNA: I don't know how to do anythin' else.

MCCAULEY: Neither do I.

HANNA: I don't much want to either.

MCCAULEY: Neither do I...

HANNA: You know, we're sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I've been there and I got to put you away, I won't like it, but I'll tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are goin' down.

MCCAULEY: There's a flip side to that coin. What if you do get me boxed in and I've got to put you down? Because no matter what, you will not get in my way.

We've been face to face, yeah. But I will not hesitate, not for a second.

HANNA: Maybe that's the way it'll be. Or who knows?

MCCAULEY: Or maybe we'll never see each other again."


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }