Anodyne
Monday, June 12, 2006
 

Who the hell is Ryan Aronofsky?
Did you have a show and not tell me?
"Granville Street Studio?" I went there yesterday and there's just a boarded-up storefront. WTF?!!!

I spent Friday night looking through several discs of pictures, and wasn't too impressed with what I found. I started making a list of "defects," but had a lot of trouble doing it in note form, and switched to a narrative voice. I tried to think dialectically, drawing out every major flaw or shortcoming I could, to externalize them.

Ryan writes for Woo and Fillip. He gets around to openings: Blim, Blanket, the Western Front. If he's not yet in the Curatorial Studies program at UBC, he should be. His lineage is jumbled: Pale Fire's Charles Kinbote; Dale Cooper's "Bob"; Magritte's doppelganger (above); Rodney Graham's 007. We met, once, across the Pulpfiction buying counter when he tried to peddle a bunch of highlighted October back issues and a water-damaged Thousand Plateaus. Now we meet every morning, when I shave.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }