Anodyne
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
 

Walter Becker Blindfold Test, via Thomas Dolby.com, where today Mr. Dolby expressed interest in touring behind my pals. Needless to say, should this ever occur, I will be immediately booking time off work so as to be front and center at the shows. Mr. Dolby's "One of Our Submarines," "Flat Earth," and "Budapest By Blimp" have been an enormous influence on me, to say nothing of his goth-BDSM-nerd persona. Richie Rich with a lab coat, synthesizer, aviator goggles and black vinyl pants!

"EMERSON LAKE & PALMER: 'Promenade' (from Pictures at an Exhibition, Cotillion, 1972)

WB: At first I thought that was gonna be a power trio playing an instrumental version of 'Incense and Peppermints.' Then I realized it wasn't gonna be that, but I still wished it would've been, 'cause that would've been better than what it was: a ponderous series of unrelated minor triads played on an organ, then there was a solo played on a Moog synthesizer or some such piece of equipment. Not my cup of tea. Maybe it was Emerson, Lake & Palmer. One star."




<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }