Anodyne
Friday, September 22, 2006
 

Fall on the West Coast, small colored leaves everywhere. On last week's 8 a.m. flight the Boeing 757 first flew south, then south-east, passing over the Deltaport causeway, Point Roberts, Blaine, and the Picket Range, Baker sprawling off in the distance. Lots of early snow on those steep-sided ramparts and glaciers! Low clouds then cut off the view, which was fine with me, as I could concentrate on, a/ not panicking about flying ("If I think really, really hard, and tense every muscle in my body, and don't relax my focus for the next four hours and twenty-seven minutes, I can stop the plane crashing through sheer force of will"), and, b/ writing Evan's talk (blue ballpoint stick-pen on lined yellow legal pads), and, c/ wondering where the Nikon had gotten to (inadvertently packed into my checked baggage, where Harmony Airways' crack staff discovered it by jumping up and down on top of it), and, d/ eating breakfast (Spanish Omelette, coffee, sausage link, yogurt), and, e/ not panicking about flying!


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }