Anodyne
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
 

To my West Vancouver dentist, light slowly leaking up into smeared wet sky.

A swab of anesthetic gel; a godawful big needle in my upper gums.

CJB: Look, I know you're the expert. I'm just, uh, curious. Why aren't you freezing the area you're gonna drill?

DENTIST: I'm not?

CJB [points]: This tooth, here.

DENTIST: 19? But the hygenist's note says 14...

CJB: She's lying.

DENTIST: I always have trouble with her writing!

[More freezing. Godawful big needle redux. CJB loses all sensation in the left side of his face]

DENTAL DRILL: Bzzzzzzzzzzzt!

CJB's JAW: Bzzzzzzzzzzt!

NEIL TENNANT AND CHRIS LOWE, VIA PIPED-IN STEREO: In my life, there've been few / Who affected me the way you do (you do)...

YOUR TOTAL (PLEASE PAY): $168.12


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }