Anodyne
Thursday, March 01, 2007
 
Anodyne, Inc.

Cash distribution yesterday:

Dominion Citrus Income Fund (DOM.UN) 12,346 units x .01/unit = $123.46

Cash balance, $499.84

And for those readers who care, Warren Buffett's new annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders is now online.

Someone wrote yesterday soliciting my opinion of the S&P's recent drop. I didn't reply at the time, but today, just for interest's sake, I sampled the current P/E ratios of a few major US companies that I have some kind of casual intellectual interest in. This is by no means a list of recommendations or stock picks; I don't own any of these companies and don't plan to any time soon:

Starbucks (SBUX) 41.63
Whole Foods Market, Inc. (WFMI) 33.30
Campbell Soup (CPB) 21.86
The Proctor & Gamble Co. (PG) 24.12
Google, Inc. (GOOG) 45.09
The Coca-Cola Co. (KO) 21.54

& etc.

The P/E ratio represents the price you have to pay to get your hands on $1 of the business' current earnings. And even at these "recently corrected" prices, I'll pass. I wouldn't be at all surprised if North American markets tank this year. That said, I am perfectly content with Anodyne Inc.'s holdings, and am planning no major portfolio changes in the forseeable future.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }