Anodyne
Sunday, July 29, 2007
 
Waste My Time, Please

After a few peaceful weeks of nothing but polite articulate customers with cash, Sunday afternoon unleashes a torrent of goofballs:

LOST LITTLE KID: Where's your Harry Potter books?

CJB: Sorry, we're all sold out.

LLK: But where are they?

CJB: We don't have any, sorry.

LLK: I know that. But where are they?

****************

GUY ON BIKE: Where's your Louis L'Amour?

CJB: Right here! [Shows shelf with 60+ titles]

GOB: How much are they?

CJB: Three, four, five bucks apiece. Depends on the title.

GOB [instant aggro]: I'm a-gonna show you this. [Proffers trashed L'Amour pocket book from his fanny pack, with a thrift store receipt for $1 sticking out of it]

CJB: What point are you making?

GOB: I'm just showin', is all.

CJB: I guess I could sell pocket books for a dollar, too, if I got them for free and didn't care about their condition.

GOB: You makin' fun of me?

CJB: Nope. Throwing you out.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }