Anodyne
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
 

"Q: Eno's name came up earlier. Someone wrote in and asked 'What exactly did Eno do on The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway?'

TONY BANKS: It was really more like gimmicky effects on a couple of things. He used that Echoplex and he just wiggled it on the introduction to the whole album. He did the vocal effects on Grand Parade and In the Cage. But he didn't play anything, it was just effects. And it all happened the day I wasn't there. I was ill.

PHIL COLLINS: I got sent upstairs as payment (laughter). Because Eno was bigger than we were, you know with Roxy Music, and so Peter must have said to him, 'Well, thanks for doing this, how do we pay you?' And he said, 'I need a drummer,' and I was sent upstairs and he was doing Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy, so I played on that track."


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }