Anodyne
Saturday, February 02, 2008
 
NONE-TOO-SUBTLE DEADBEAT: I'm bringing these books in for trade! You can just add them onto my credit slip!

CJB: Hold up. Let's see if I actually want any of these books.

NTSD [frowns]: What?

CJB: Let's see what you've got.

IN NTSD'S LITTLE CLOTH BAG: Terry Brooks [mediocre perpetually overstocked fantasy writer], bell hooks [binding loose from cover], out-of-date religious studies textbooks, Susan Faludi, & etc.

Meanwhile, NTSD browses the new books, the "Beats and Counterculture" wall, the new stuff on display. . .

CJB: Nothing there for me today, thanks.

NTSD: But I just want trade!

CJB: They'd take away my bookseller's license if I took this stuff. Sorry.

NTSD: There'll be no sale today then!

CJB: Quite right.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }