Anodyne
Thursday, May 01, 2008
 
Jerry Salinger speaking. They just towed my car--

"After getting a second call, in just a few days, from a writer needing money -- this one purportedly from English writer Nick Hornby -- Book Soup's Tosh Berman didn't hesitate to cut him off. 'Almost exactly from the script he said, "I'm embarrassed to be calling you like this, but I'm at the airport. . . ."

'He really managed the accent,' Berman said of the Hornby impersonator. 'I almost fell for it. But I didn't take that trip.'

Berman speculated that this gang has several members -- one black man, one English guy, one woman -- to make impersonation easier. 'It's like the Mod Squad or something.'

Vroman's has hung up on someone claiming to be Ray Bradbury and, in late February, Ramos said, Russell Banks."

(via our South Wellington correspondent)



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }