Anodyne
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
 
Why You Should Turn Gmail’s SSL Feature On Now

"Your Browser: Hey there Gmail, I want in. Here’s my encrypted login.

Gmail Servers: Hey there, browser. I see your encrypted login fits what I have here. If you want to keep talking to me, I will need to see proof of your login, but don’t bother encrypting it for me. Here is your unencrypted email.

Your Browser: Great. I want to read this particular email, my Gmail login is: webmonkey@wired.com and my password is: monkeylove. My name is John Hanks Doe and my social security number is 123-45-6789.

Gmail Servers: Sure, here you go. I see you are leaving for vacation with the house unlocked this weekend. Say, is this your credit card information?

Guy packet sniffing your wi-fi from Starbucks: Cool!"

(thx dru)


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }