Anodyne
Tuesday, September 04, 2012
 

And another one. This music makes me happy, esp. its pulsing 70s electric bass beat and lovingly reconstructed yacht-sax solo.

"In March, 2009, I disbanded Yura Yura Teikoku, a band I’d been doing for 21 years straight. I spent the next year holed up at home, and thought of the concept for this album: 'An obscure party band of unclear nationality is playing mood music in a small bar, and the audience, normally shy people who rarely let their hair down, starts to feel more relaxed and, before they know it, starts to dance.' I wanted to make music that would approximate the atmosphere of this club. I guess an important point being that I didn’t set out to make songs that would sound like the songs performed by that band, but rather songs that would evoke the mood of that club."


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }