Anodyne
Thursday, July 18, 2013
 
Long cranky revealing interview with two of my favorite artists, one definitely crankier than the other.

DF:  We play county fairs too. [W]e play nice fairs. They have sheep-breeding contests and things like that. I enjoy those. It's fun. Sometimes the audience is all farm animals. That's cool, too. Sometimes it's hard to tell these geriatric people apart from the farm animals, actually. It's all assisted living.

WB: I remember I was talking to a Haitian cab driver here in New York. I told him that when I was down in Haiti I heard about how when dinnertime came the mother would give a couple of pennies to the kids, and they'd go to the village and buy four pennies' worth of oil to cook dinner. He was quiet for a while and then he said, 'But that was a strong penny.'


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }